The dotNG registry has chosen to auction the following domain names
The bidding process will take place on Twitter from 12 noon on 28th of March till 12 noon on 29th of March. To participate, you will need to supply the Twitter handle(s) you will use to tweet your bids. You will also need to pay a deposit of ₦25,000 per domain name you choose to bid for before 23rd of March, 2019.
Here are some additional details
- Each bid will open with a reserved price of ₦100,000.00 and thereafter subsequent bids cannot be less than ₦10,000.00 (Ten Thousand Naira) increment on preceding bid.
- The bid deposit will form part of the payment for a successful bid.
- Successful bidders must pay the balance of the successful bid to their registrar within two days. The deposit will be forfeited if a bid succeeds and it is not paid for within the stipulated time (2 days).
- The deposit will be forfeited if the bidder fails to make any bid within the stipulated time (1 day).
- The sum of ₦19,500 will be refunded if you don’t succeed in get the domain during the bidding process. This is because the rufunded deposit will be less any associated transfer charges (bank and other charges)
- The deposit will only be refunded when all successful bidders have paid for their bids.
- Only domains put on offer by the dotNG registry (i.e. the domains listed above) can be bidded for.
- The renewal price of each domain will be 60% of the successful bid price. If the domain is not renewed after all the grace periods have elapsed, the domain shall be forfeited and the domain name withdrawn. Such a domain name (if not encumbered by trademark considerations) shall become restored to the premium domain list.